Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Subcontract Texture Artist Job Complete.

Click to View



















Just wrapped up the subcontract work I was doing for http://www.clockworkzombies.com/ and got my fee transferred (yay)

I have managed to make a few commercial collections (See earlier posts) but I am struggling with the uploads to gamedev.net 

For some reason, large zip files won't upload and as most of my products contain over 30 textures, it's a work in progress.

I haven't been as "hands on" with Forsaken Studios for some weeks now and it's been noticed and remarked about.

I am still as committed to the development of the game and stand by my initial statement that I think it will be groundbreaking when it's published but in the meantime, I have to devote a lot of my time and energy to financial return for obvious reason.

I am really busy trying to maintain an income in the middle of a global recession selling digital content which even in a normal economy is tough due to the unauthorized "file sharing" that is part and parcel of the industry.

It has always happened, it will continue to always happen and it happens 10 fold in the current economy because it's human nature to self justify when consumer confidence is low.

If digital content could not be technically copied and shared, creators would see a sudden increase in sales by around 60% I estimate.

No point moaning about it. It is what it is.

It's back to my work load for Forsaken Studios now...... we're working on a prototype we plan to release in May or June this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment