Sunday, 26 June 2011

TRU Textures - Tree Branch Top Textures - I Got the Builders Bug!

First SL Creation...ever! 

I know its pathetic that I am proud of this but this little tree is the first thing I have ever created in Second Life since I joined in 2004.

All of the textures used,  I made myself including the Ivy Vine which I layered into to the planter textures used on the, well, planter. 

I have been selling these tree branch textures for a few months now and until 1 hour ago, I had no idea how they looked when applied to a tree.

I bought the sculpted tree trunk off the SL Marketplace and used my own tree bark texture.

The really strange thing is after I had finished and I looked at it swaying in the virtual wind, I had a protective sense over the textures I used which have been selling for 3 months.

Just for a moment I felt I should remove them from sale so they remain unique to the line of trees I will now be making.

 Of course,  I won’t withdraw them because I am a texture artist first and foremost and to be under any illusion that I can venture away from that and become some highly sought after prim based content creator is laughable. 
There’s enough already and I have barely put my foot on the first ring of the builders ladder.

But it does allow me to understand why builders who make their own textures never want to sell them, the textures are what make their creations unique.

If you are interested in making your own trees  (And lets be honest, if I can make one, anyone can!)  here is the URL link to the branch texture collections for sale.
If purchased from the TRU Textures website under the Any World license, they can be used and uploaded for content creation in as many grids and virtual worlds as you desire,  both now and in the future and of course includes Second Life.

If you just want them for SL they can be purchased from our in world store, by clicking this link.

Alternatively, they can also be purchased from the SL marketplace by clicking the link at the top of this blog.

Thanks for reading. 





































































No comments:

Post a Comment