Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Mexico 3D Build Textures....Work In Progress ~ TRU Textures ~

The Mexican Walls So far. *click to enlarge*














Well, I am making progress with the Mexican custom request.. added a very light dirt mask to the edges of the walls which come in various colours and themes, these are just two of around ten colour variations.

Just now, before I wrapped up for the night, I tried layering some of my recently made spring plants and Ivy Vine textures and with some tweaking of colours I like the effect.

You may have noticed there are no windows! lol

I have been playing with a couple of windows and an old wooden gate door but I just can’t seem to get them to blend. It’s just a matter of finding the right ones and thats when things really start falling into place and I start having fun.

What i am really proud of is the fact these plants are my own.

Until recently I relied on buying foliage from licensed merchants and used them as a derivative source for my own textures,  but its nice to know these are truly unique to me.
Perhaps they will pop up in other peoples work in time as I have also released them as stand alone texture packs, but for now its nice to feel everything is “mine”

No comments:

Post a Comment