Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Mexican Wall Textures By LillyBeth Filth TRU Textures Part Two

Draft Two - Still not happy but “getting there"
So, I wasn’t happy with the first draft (previous post) the window didn’t look like it belonged at all.

Will be working more with stained wood windows, shutters and doors and not coloured windows.

The hardest thing for me about making these textures is “keeping things simple”

I keep adding stone relief borders, pillars and “frills" only to remind myself they are not authentic to traditional Mexican buildings.

I will be adding cracks and aged and worn areas before I publish them for sale.

I plan on making the windows transparent with lace drapes and closed with wood shutters.

Todays the first day I have been experimenting so I reckon they should be complete in the next 3 - 4 days.

Its 12.30 a.m so I am off to play The Sims Medieval....very addictive! But I never allow myself to play it during the day..that would kill me with guilt.

I reckon its healthier to have some chill out time at nights, before I would work on a texture collection till 3am but found I would be rushing to complete it.

I am going to take my time on these and see if they come out better as a result of not pushing and rushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment