Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Hyrdangea Flower Textures - TRU Textures

Custom Texture Maps Applied
So, back on with the flower textures.

I upgraded Poser Debut to Poser 8 and after 3 weeks of not being able to activate it due to some admin error I finally got it activated today and created a new texture map for the Hydrangea props I have.

New leafs, petals and bump maps.

These are the pink and there will be white and blue/purple to follow soon both as bushes and single stems.

So far I have noticed Poser 8 renders a lot faster then Poser Debut which is good news as a render with settings as high as this sample had would have taken me 20 minutes..it was painfully slow.

I was lucky in my timing for buying Poser 8.
I had already got the basic “debut” version for $49.99 and then Smith Micro (the creators of Poser) ran a promotion on all of their software offering 60% off.

It’s cheaper to upgrade than it is to buy from scratch so with the promotion and upgrade I managed to get Poser 8 for $80.00 (plus the $49.99 I paid for Debut)

Its 1am here and I am too tired to tweak the maps any more but tomorrow I will start the Hydrangea texture collection and should have them finished by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment