Friday, 22 April 2011

Good Friday - A Day in Pikey Paradise - Blackpool

Me Under the pier BlackPool. 

Good Friday 2011 and it was blistering hot..I wasn’t going to sit at my PC all day (again) no wonder I am vitamin D deficient!

So we (Me, Malc and Harvey) went to “sunny Blackbool”

What a crap hole.

The banquet of culture was vast and largely unappetising.

Gypsies locking eye contact with me asking:
 “Would you like to have you're fortune read darling?”
 I was tempted on the second time to respond:
 “I dunno, you tell me.
But I am superstitious and worried they might put a curse on me. (lol no, really!)

The problem with sunny days in the UK is we don’t have time to acclimatise.

When we go abroad to Greece, Spain, Italy or basically anywhere other than the UK, the first day is hard but by the second day your body adjusts to the heat and apart from it making you sleepy in the later afternoon, (siesta) we cope.

In the UK we complain that we don’t get enough sun then when we do, we go out in it, moan how hot we are, burn ourselves as we try to make up for the lack of sun on the other 364 days in the year and plod off home with lobster red skin and swollen feet.

Then we have the issue of Harvey our mini Daschund. 

We’re used to people pointing and “awwww a sausage dog!!” when we walk him but I swear every other group of people or family were saying it and after an hour it gets really old and hard to keep smiling in response.

A little girl came tumbling towards him...sticky hands grasping in mid air ready to pull his tail or ears ... her Mum asked: “does it bite?” and I replied.. “Yea, he doesn't like small children” (He’s like me!)  and she laughed!
I wasn’t joking.

























Are we having fun yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment